Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

OBS-Studio Tytan652 build

Hey y'all..

In this post I want to share with you an interesting custom build of OBS-Studio made by a community member that goes by the handle Tytan652...

[Image: Zj4QEev.jpeg]

This build includes the following out the box...
-
  • VST 2 plugins, RIST protocol and AJA device support.
  • Browser module with the same CEF as official builds.
  • Some quality of life patches and fixes.

It also supports the NvFBC out the box for supported nVidia cards.. It's even better than the Flatpak version, so I have been told.. To enable it on consumer cards, you can easily do it via a user made patch. Thanks to snackopsunit for the heads up.

>> NvFBC Patch for Consumer Cards <<
!!!! Patch At Your Own Risk !!!!

This only one of many custom builds of OBS-Studio available out there... But this one receives support from the Official Project.. Just head on over to the OBS-Project Discord and find Tytan652 on the Linux channel there.. He will be more than happy to help Wink

Now to install this build from AUR type following in Terminal & answer with "y" when asked to replace packages as it uses its ow versions of VLC and FFMPEG...
yay -S obs-studio-tytan652 ffmpeg-obs

As a bonus, for all you Game Streamers out there, here's an awesome and useful plugin I would highly recommend called StreamFX...

[Image: TZmlhBb.png]

StreamFX is a plugin to libOBS (OBS Studio, StreamElements OBS Live) that adds new sources, filters and transitions to give you the ability to drastically improve your stream and recording setup past what was possible in OBS Studio until now. Whether it is blurring out a region, moving something in 3D, or just writing your own shaders as a new transition, source or filter - StreamFX has it all.

To install from AUR :
yay -S obs-streamfx

>> Known KDE Theme Issue <<
Quote:This version of OBS-Studio seems to have issues with KDE Themes, so better switch to default Breeze or any other Global/GTK Theme that works better for time being until issue is fixed upstream..

Thant's all she wrote folks Wink

~ XeroLinux Developer ~
I do try to help where I can, when I can.
I do this on my own, so I might not have all the answers.
~ My PC build @ a glimpse ~
| ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Monitor |
| AsRock x570 Tai Chi | AMD Ryzen 5 3600x @ 3.8Ghz |
| ROG STRiX GTX 1080 8Gb GDDR5X | TeamGroup Delta “R” 32GB DDR4 @3000Mhz RGB |

Thanks Tytan652 and DarkXero.

Thank you so much for all this work, DarkXero! It was fun testing this out on the call with you! Xero Linux just keeps making my content creation life easier!

A few notes:
Tytan version does not include the Twitch integration present in other versions of OBS. You'll need to use your stream key and then create custom browser decks for your Chat and Activity Feed, if using.

Audio Sources include per-application Pipewire Audio support. This will greatly assist in audio level mixing!

NVIDIA GPU owners can enable extra NVENC and NVFBC support on consumer cards with a quick patch or two (Patch at your own risk!)
https://github.com/keylase/nvidia-patch

Quote:NVIDIA GPU owners can enable extra NVENC and NVFBC support on consumer cards with a quick patch or two (Patch at your own risk!)
https://github.com/keylase/nvidia-patch

Nice one buddy added to OP !!! Thanks Wink

~ XeroLinux Developer ~
I do try to help where I can, when I can.
I do this on my own, so I might not have all the answers.
~ My PC build @ a glimpse ~
| ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Monitor |
| AsRock x570 Tai Chi | AMD Ryzen 5 3600x @ 3.8Ghz |
| ROG STRiX GTX 1080 8Gb GDDR5X | TeamGroup Delta “R” 32GB DDR4 @3000Mhz RGB |