Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Various XeroLinux Fixes
Hey All...

This thread will include a list of various fixes that have been removed from the XeroLinux Tool making room for more recent and important ones. Once they get too old they will end up here. Will be linking to this thread from tool soon, if it hasn't been done already... That said let's get on with it shall we ?

- Long Shutdown Fix :

This has been applied to all ISOs from May 25th 2022 onwards... In case you are on an older ISO and want to fix the issue where shutdown and reboot take longer than expected, here's how...

Run following commands one after the other in terminal...
sudo sed -i "s/#RebootWatchdogSec=10min/RebootWatchdogSec=30s/g" /etc/systemd/system.conf
sudo sed -i "s/#DefaultTimeoutStopSec=90s/DefaultTimeoutStopSec=5s/g" /etc/systemd/system.conf
sudo sed -i "s/#DefaultTimeoutStartSec=90s/DefaultTimeoutStartSec=10s/g" /etc/systemd/system.conf

That's it, now reboot and test if it has worked or not Wink

- Dolphin "Open As Root" :

I have no clue as to why the KDE Devs haven't yet implemented this feature yet by default, in any case here's how to add it in case you are on a very old ISO prior to May 2022...

First need to get rid of Thunar if you have it...
sudo pacman -Rdd --noconfirm thunar thunar-archive-plugin thunar-media-tags-plugin thunar-volman

Now remove the "Old" open as root method that used Thunar before...
cd $HOME/.local/share/kservices5/ServiceMenus/ && rm OpenrAsRoot.desktop

Finally time to grab the right tweak...
cd $HOME/.local/share/kservices5/ServiceMenus/ && wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xerolinux/xero-fixes/main/patches/open_as_root.desktop

Done deal, now restart Dolphin and enjoy Wink

- Replace Pamac-all with Pamac-gtk :

In older builds of XeroLinux we were using a fork of Pamac the GUI package manager by Manjaro team called Pamac-all that had support for everything like Snaps, Flatpaks and AUR... With it being a fork, it was beginning to show the cracks and behave badly, so I decided to replace it with the "Official" version from source. This one has support for Flatpaks & the AUR, no Snaps as they not great.. Anyway here's how to fix that...

Step 1 - Remove Pamac-All & Dependencies...
sudo pacman -Rdd --noconfirm pamac-all libpamac-full

Step 2 - Install "Official version...
sudo pacman -S --noconfirm pamac-gtk libpamac pamac-tray-icon-plasma

Excellent now reboot the system and you should get new one running...

That's it for now.. More will be added as soon as they get removed from tool ...
~ XeroLinux Maintainer ~
I do try to help where I can, when I can.
I do this on my own, so I might not have all the answers.
[Image: K7U76Mv.png]
NIce work, and no, snaps are HORRIBLE....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installing KVM & VMWare on XeroLinux DarkXero 0 2,522 06-09-2022, 06:00 PM
Last Post: DarkXero
Exclamation Building XeroLinux from source DarkXero 0 3,320 05-10-2022, 12:03 PM
Video Pacman Errors & fixes DarkXero 0 4,555 04-29-2022, 08:21 AM
Exclamation XeroLinux Terminal Aliases DarkXero 0 1,654 11-23-2021, 10:20 PM