Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dolphin missbehaves

Hi there people,
from time to time, dolphin refuses to write to a USB drive. A restart does not help but, after a day or two
it goes away like nothing happens. It is weird and frustrating. Strangely, it works the other way around.
Any ideas or similar experiences Huh .
Cheers
Bob

(11-22-2022, 03:28 AM)Old Sceptic Wrote:  Hi there people,
from time to time, dolphin refuses to write to a USB drive. A restart does not help but, after a day or two
it goes away like nothing happens. It is weird and frustrating. Strangely, it works the other way around.
Cheers
Bob

Hey Bob, you can try updating your system then reboot and see if it works... Also make sure that the USB is using a FileSystem that works well with linux (avoid NTFS with linux because it's slow and unstable). Other than that wait for anybody else to further help you! GK

(11-22-2022, 03:28 AM)Old Sceptic Wrote:  Hi there people,
Cheers
Bob

Well, it's a Dolphin issue, rarely happens on my end, but I do agree it happens. But since we are not the ones who created it, can't fix it, thank you for reporting though, best use the KDE bug reporter to let them know so they fix it... https://forum.xerolinux.xyz/thread-137.html

~ XeroLinux Developer ~
I do try to help where I can, when I can.
I do this on my own, so I might not have all the answers.
~ My PC build @ a glimpse ~
| ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Monitor |
| AsRock x570 Tai Chi | AMD Ryzen 5 3600x @ 3.8Ghz |
| ROG STRiX GTX 1080 8Gb GDDR5X | TeamGroup Delta “R” 32GB DDR4 @3000Mhz RGB |