Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction
Hi everyone!  I'm a new member.  I've used UNIX like systems since the summer of 1976.  I attended the University of Delaware and the EE department purchased a brand new DEC PDP-11/70 system and we ran UNIX 6th Edition.  That was the first version of UNIX that Bell Labs released to Universities.

A quick question until I find the right place to post it.  In KDE the mouse cursor always seems wrong for the context it is pointing at.  This happens on both of my Dell computers.  I'm running under Virtual Box in both cases.  It seems far worse under Wayland than Xorg.   I have not seen this happen with other DEs.
Hello and welcome..

Wayland on a VM ? Not recommended it's a VM after all .. Not hardware accelerated whatsoever. That being said it could be an issue with KDE n VMs although I don't have that issue in Virt-Manager the recommended VM software to use on Linux much better performance, still not comparable to host..
~ XeroLinux Toolkit Maintainer ~
I do try to help where I can, when I can.
I do this on my own, so I might not have all the answers.
[Image: K7U76Mv.png]
I restarted the VM with 3G acceleration, and logged in with Xorg.  That seemed to fix everything!  It even does the Wobbly Windows thing!
(11-04-2023, 03:14 AM)luckenbg Wrote: I restarted the VM with 3G acceleration, and logged in with Xorg.  That seemed to fix everything!  It even does the Wobbly Windows thing!

Good grief!! That's 3D not 3G!