Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qt5 Themeing issues
Question 
So I freshly installed arch and ran the toolkit to get the xero goodness I noticed that themeing doesnt properly apply for Qt5 applications like KeepassXC

And also I get this error in Qt5 settings

I tried to set that variable in /etc/enviorment but it breaks the themeing of the whole system.

Help would be appreciated!
Hey buddy.. Good to see you here...

Well apps have to be updated to use QT6 since that's what Plasma 6 now uses.. I do not know how to fix all that. Keep in mind I am not the developer of the theme and I have already mentioned that there might be some compatibility issues. Especially that QT5 apps expect theme to be using metadata.desktop when ported theme uses json instead now for Plasma 6. So such behavior is normal. You will have to wait for QT5 apps to get updated to QT6 that's all you can do..
~ XeroLinux Toolkit Maintainer ~
I do try to help where I can, when I can.
I do this on my own, so I might not have all the answers.
[Image: K7U76Mv.png]
(03-28-2024, 09:25 PM)DarkXero Wrote: Hey buddy.. Good to see you here...

Well apps have to be updated to use QT6 since that's what Plasma 6 now uses.. I do not know how to fix all that. Keep in mind I am not the developer of the theme and I have already mentioned that there might be some compatibility issues. Especially that QT5 apps expect theme to be using metadata.desktop when ported theme uses json instead now for Plasma 6. So such behavior is normal. You will have to wait for QT5 apps to get updated to QT6 that's all you can do..

I see how it is, messing a bit around with packages I found that exists a breeze5 package that can be used as the theme for qt5 apps on plasma 6 and after installing it the error dissaperead too, I was also having a issue with the curos theme but installing the packages plasma5-integration and kwayland-integration fixed it. You might be able to make a extra package like breeze5 with layan so that qt5 applications can use it.
I am not the dev of Layan I just grab it from source up to him to fix that.. But am glad you can theme Plasma 5 apps with old Breeze .. Not ideal, but as I said if you want to theme Plasma 5 apps you have to install Plasma 5 themes, but that will not work for QT6 apps n vice versa dunno of any themes that do both..
So I figured it out, you have to install the kvantum-qt5 package and then select it as the theme in the qt 5 options application.

Oh yeah for QT5 you need older version of Kvantum.. Newer one is for QT6

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to post issues DarkXero 2 893 12-26-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: DarkXero