Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

XeroLinux A Distro With Attitude
Exclamation 

Hey all...

What exactly is XeroLinux ? Valid question...

XeroLinux is not a full-on Distro by any stretch of the imagination. Nothing is, nor will ever be forced on you, the whole point of it is to provide you with a stable base that you can shape YOUR way, the easy way...

Let me clarify....

I have noticed lately the huge increase in Distro releases with QC being set by the wayside, and that isn't so great. We are all in such a hurry to get more and more releases out the door, we tend to forget all about the quality and care more about the quantity.

There have been so many crap Distros being released lately, some are so bad they are barely usable. Some are straight up clones of others with a different coat of paint with worse bugs. I do not want to be that.

We are trying our best to aim for perfection. Now I know there is no such thing, But aiming towards perfection, whatever comes out is better than if we don't lol... Also we are now trying to achieve better Stability & Consistency over features. So new features will be few and far between, while we concentrate on making your experience with XeroLinux a pleasant one.

Releases and Maintenance

Starting in 2022 releases will take place once every 3 months (Quarterly).

As mentioned earlier, updates will be mainly Optimization, Bugfix and Quality of life ones, with new features being few and far between. If there are any we will announce them in changelog as usual..

Hardware Support.

When it comes to issues related to your specific hardware config, and you don't know if your PC or Laptop is supported, we have taken the much safer route of leaving the issue resolution up to you, the user, since you are the only one who can test the solutions on your hardware. Kindly use the awesome knowledge found on ArchWiki, it's all Arch in the end. If you still can't find solutions for your issues, why not look for them using your Search Engine of choice ?

More DEs/WMs ?

Nope that's it. What you see is what you get. I have been nagged over and over and over again for more DEs, I succumb twice, and failed both times. No more please have mercy on me. I do not want to bite off more than I can chew..

I do not use anything besides KDE Plasma. So how can I provide the level of support y'all expect from me for anything I do not use ? I will support them as much as I know for now. As for WMs nope none will be added. You can add them yourself, that's the best part of Linux, just don't ask me for help as I hate them with every fiber of my being.. Don't ask why coz no matter what I say you will try to convince me otherwise.. Let's leave it at that.

Conclusion

Anyway, all that is to say that I prefer to stop releasing ISOs by the numbers, and concentrate on learning more much much more, so I can get bigger and better releases out the door. Learning Linux is a slow process, especially for someone like me who has only been using it for a year barely..

So give me the time, if you really appreciate what XeroLinux has brought out so far, you would do me a great service if you exercised some amount of patience while I arm myself with the knowledge required to grow..

Use it as intended not messing with system too much will result in a more stable experience.. We are always updating it as we learn.. We try our best to help when and if we can, but temper expectations.. As long as you do it will be a fun ride Big Grin

Phase one of getting the XeroLinux name out there and getting it recognized. Now Phase two begins, growth..

Thank you all for your continued love of my work, and patience.

~ XeroLinux Developer ~
I do try to help where I can, when I can.
I do this on my own, so I might not have all the answers.
~ My PC build @ a glimpse ~
| ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Monitor |
| AsRock x570 Tai Chi | AMD Ryzen 5 3600x @ 3.8Ghz |
| ROG STRiX GTX 1080 8Gb GDDR5X | TeamGroup Delta “R” 32GB DDR4 @3000Mhz RGB |

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DarkXero
03-25-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post by DarkXero
11-30-2021, 11:39 AM