Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Project Changes in 2024
Hello, everyone!

I trust your Christmas and New Year were truly special. I'm here to share some exciting updates for the year ahead in 2024.

Firstly, brace yourselves for the grand return of my YouTube channel! It's making a comeback, and I'm eager to make it a long-lasting venture.

Regarding the Distro – It will persist, for a while longer, until I get future plans in order, until the end of this year of our Lord 2024. Its future hinges on the success of said plans. If things go exceptionally well, it will be archived. Here's the lowdown:

The code will remain available online, archived, just like before with the other 2. Anyone interested can take it, rename it, and fashion their own Distro. I will help showing how things work, if and when I can if needed.

Juggling a Distro, resurrecting the YouTube channel, and working on all future projects cannot be managed all at once by a single person with difficulties due to what's going on in my country, that's why one has to go, that being the Distro which requires a lot of work, having to provide support and make sure it works. Also over three incredible years, I've grown, learned, and most importantly, connected with fantastic individuals who have become friends.

Your unwavering support for me and the project means the world. I sincerely hope you'll stick around because...

While the Distro will be no more, the essence of XeroLinux won't fade. It will no longer be a Distro but will transform into an all-in-one post-install Toolkit, enhancing your Arch journey. You will still be able to turn your Vanilla Arch/KDE to look and behave like XeroLinux did using the new toolkit, the only parts you will responsible for are the installation of Arch, Drivers and any DE/WM you wish. More freedom for you, no longer limited by KDE as was the case until now. The new toolkit will have so much stuff not tied to KDE with exception of the Rices of course. Since I only use and will be using that DE for the foreseeable future. Besides that toolkit will be cross DE/WM compatible. That's the best part ! I might make it available on the AUR at some point in the future.. Who knows.. But you get the idea...

More details are forthcoming.

To sum it up:

- The XeroLinux Channel is making a big comeback.
- XeroLinux is evolving into an all-in-one post-install Toolkit.
- Exciting new projects are on the horizon this year.

Thank you for being part of this incredible ride!
~ XeroLinux Toolkit Maintainer ~
I do try to help where I can, when I can.
I do this on my own, so I might not have all the answers.
[Image: K7U76Mv.png]
Hi,
Happy new year to you and anyone on this forum.
I've discovered and adopted XeroLinux last year. I want to keep it on my computer. I 'll try to use the toolkit on Manjaro to see the XeroEffect on this distro.
I'll try it too with Arch.
For now, i'm still with XeroLinux.
Again, Thank for your great and hard work.
Data aka Domdel on Masto
Thank you mon ami..

Oh you will be able to it's just a rice. But I wouldn't recommend on Manjaro coz it ain't really Arch.. As I mentioned other Distros have their own tweaks n ways of doing things, it would be safer to use my Toolkit on a Pure Arch install than on Custom Distros. I will not offer support if you ignore that, you would be on your own.. Better be safe than sorry Wink
(01-07-2024, 08:52 PM)DarkXero Wrote: Thank you mon ami..

Oh you will be able to it's just a rice. But I wouldn't recommend on Manjaro coz it ain't really Arch.. As I mentioned other Distros have their own tweaks n ways of doing things, it would be safer to use my Toolkit on a Pure Arch install than on Custom Distros. I will not offer support if you ignore that, you would be on your own.. Better be safe than sorry Wink
Don't worry, I like tot try some tricks even they won't work. I'va a test machine; sometimes it works on test and nowhere else. Big Grin
Alright cool beans .. And If you have any ideas of what I can include in toolkit do let me know here
https://forum.xerolinux.xyz/thread-356.html