Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XeroLinux Arch Post Install Toolkit
Hello all !

I'm writing this to announce a shift in focus as we wind down work on the Distro. It's evolving into a Post-Install Toolkit, a versatile resource usable across various DE/WM choices on Arch.

- Preface

It's crucial to clarify that this toolkit isn't intended for custom Arch-Based distros. While some elements might function, I can't ensure seamless compatibility due to potential conflicts arising from differing tweaks and repositories. To ensure optimal performance, it's strongly recommended for use on a clean Pure-Arch install executed through the ArchInstall script.

I'd also like to highlight that unlike the ArchInstall, this Toolkit won't provide Arch or DE/WM installations. Setting those up fall under your responsibility. Once these are in place, you'll be able to seamlessly install and utilize our Toolkit.

- What is it?

This toolkit aims to be an all-in-one solution for post-installation, expediting your Arch setup. It's offered as use at your own risk type of thing, without any support. You will have to rely on yourself and your own knowledge and ability to do research when it comes to the provided tools and your setup. Keep that in mind before venturing into the world of Arch.

[Image: JuWceYE.png]

- How to get it?

First off let me say that everything this awesome toolkit provides is and will forever be optional and up to you the user. I will never force anything on you. As to how to get it, well, that's easy, I am working with Jajunk a friend of mine on a new website that will have the instructions, suffice it to say that it's just a simple Terminal curl command that you run which will prompt you before injecting as in adding the XeroLinux repository, where from it will then prompt you, should you agree, as to which AUR helper you prefer, then proceed to do so then install and launch the toolkit.. Again only if you agree..

For more detailed information and feature list, I recommend you visit the Wiki over on project's Github where I painstakingly went over every option tool offers in finite detail. If you have any ideas on how I can push it further please do let me know in the comments below...

Thanks...

I would like to thank Oglo without whom this wouldn't have been possible.. He's a literal genius borderline machine.. He learns a new language at the speed of light lol.. Thanks bud Wink

I also extend my heartfelt gratitude for the incredible three years we've shared with XeroLinux. As we transition to the Toolkit, I look forward to even more enriching experiences together. The timeline for this shift will align either before the arrival of Plasma 6 or by the year's end,  it all depends on my YouTube Channel and situation.. . Here's to embracing what lies ahead!

See ya in the comments..
~ XeroLinux Toolkit Maintainer ~
I do try to help where I can, when I can.
I do this on my own, so I might not have all the answers.
[Image: K7U76Mv.png]
The Hyprland rices would need a dedicated maintainer, sounds like a good option for the 1st month and I'm part of those who would like to try out.

Is this tool going to lose fixes like "samba fix", "pipewire fix", "the metakey fix for KDE" ?
Also are we going to lose the ricing of Yakuake that loads neofetch on start? I'll be glad to know how to implement that on other distros.
The nvidia driver scripts are so nice, it would be sad to have them gone, if you dedicate the tool for pure Arch there might be a way to keep that option working.

So many goodies are grouped in this [ Welcome Tool ] I will probably miss it ( not so much the same for the custom repos since they are a bit redundant from what we have via Arch and its fast updates )

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This script not going anywhere most the stuff in Welcome will be migrated over..
~ XeroLinux Toolkit Maintainer ~
I do try to help where I can, when I can.
I do this on my own, so I might not have all the answers.
[Image: K7U76Mv.png]
Yi du

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Want to stick with XeroLinux past its prime ? DarkXero 2 2,619 01-23-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: DarkXero