Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to stick with XeroLinux past its prime ?
Hey all !

As the Distro winds down, please back up your data and move on to another one. I would recommend you install Vanilla Arch using the ArchInstall script via the official Arch ISO if you want to benefit from the upcoming XeroTUI.. But if you want to stick to XeroLinux for a bit longer while you figure things out, I would understand not easy to do everything from scratch again. You can do that, however since repos will be gone replaced with a single Xero-Repo that will only have a few packages I have created myself that make life easier.

- How to keep XeroLinux alive :

To keep the Distro alive for a while longer, you will have to remove my repos so you do not end up with error messages. Keep in mind that this will result in a message telling you that all packages that you have installed from those repos do not exist anymore every time you run the update command. Just ignore it until you move on to another Distro. With that out of the way, here's how to remove my repos.

Run this command in Terminal :
sudo sed -i '/\[xerolinux_repo\]/,/\[xerolinux_nvidia_repo\]/d; /SigLevel = Optional TrustAll/d; /Include = \/etc\/pacman.d\/xero-mirrorlist/d' /etc/pacman.conf && sudo pacman -Rns xerolinux-mirrorlist

That's it. You can keep using XeroLinux for a while longer, as long as you want... Another thing to keep in mind though, is that none of the packages installed from my repos with xero- in the name will be getting updates anymore.. To update the rest of the packages from the AUR, just update using yay -Y --devel --save && yay -Y --gendb && yay -Syyu. Again, it's HIGHLY recommended you move on to ArchLinux with the DE/WM of your choice..

Best of luck !!!!

~ XeroLinux Toolkit Maintainer ~
I do try to help where I can, when I can.
I do this on my own, so I might not have all the answers.
[Image: K7U76Mv.png]
Thanks,
Is it possible to rename the title for this topic to something like "Vanilla Arch install tutorial for Jan 2024"?

I had difficulties finding this fresh topic with the search function expecting it to be some where else or with a more explicit title.
The previous posts don't cover the arch install script.
You are right mon ami .. I will put videos on another thread with correct title.. Thanks..

Edit : Thread updated Wink
~ XeroLinux Toolkit Maintainer ~
I do try to help where I can, when I can.
I do this on my own, so I might not have all the answers.
[Image: K7U76Mv.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XeroLinux Arch Post Install Toolkit DarkXero 3 2,436 04-03-2024, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Zhang123